Monday, August 3, 2015

The Long Way 'Round

This week I am busy preparing for our upcoming Summer SEN (Special Educational Needs) program. The program was created at the behest of one of our school's finest teachers, Yeshey Choeki, who interestingly enough also attended Mongar LSS when she was a primary student. Madam Yeshey's contributions toward education and special education are so laudable that she was awarded the incredibly prestigious National Order of Merit for Excellence in Teaching in 2012. During Madam's program we will be hosting a variety of teachers from different schools in the dzongkhag (province) to participate in the activities. I will be serving as secretary during the day sessions, holding a professional development seminar on comprehension strategies, and hosting observers during my classes. What I am saying in a most roundabout manner is: I will be rather busy.

In order to keep things interesting for those who follow my blog, I thought I might be fun to share something completely unrelated. Just the other day it donned on me that it has been two years since I returned from an epic motorcycle journey with my father through South Africa, Mozambique, and Swaziland. On it I learned a lot of life lessons, many of which I had to face all over again in Bhutan, like leaning forward and how to savor that feeling of smallness in our vast but beautiful universe. I wrote about my findings and the roller coaster of emotions that accompanied them in a blog. If any of you find the idea interesting, I'd like to direct you to one of my other websites, Bwana Ishmael.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment